When you come and study at VIVES University of Applied Sciences, we can make sure your stay will be as comfortable as possible. Of course you can find housing by yourself, but you can also request the services of our housing staff to provide you with a comfortable student room near our campus.
In September 2014 VIVES University of Applied Sciences opened a brand-new student residence in Kortrijk. This building offers housing to as many as 80 Erasmus students. In addition to the rooms for Erasmus students, there is also accommodation reserved for 25 Belgian students. It will be a vibrant student community of mixed nationalities, right in the centre of town.
Price for a single room is €2225/semester, price for a double room is €3280/semester (€1640 per student). Mentioned prices are for the full term, even if you arrive after the start of the rental period or if you leave before the end of the rental period. All students who make a reservation for a room have to pay a deposit of €250.
The payment of deposit and rent for a single room needs to be done in 3 instalments as followed:
- 1st instalment of €1075(€250 deposit + €825 rent) within 2 weeks after reservation
- 2nd instalment of €700 before October 1st for the 1st semester or before March 1st for the 2nd semester
- 3rd instalment of €700 before November 1st for the 1st semester or before April 1st for the 2nd semester
The payment of deposit and rent for a double room needs to be done also in 3 instalments as followed:
- 1st instalment of €950(€250 deposit + €740 rent) within 2 weeks after reservation
- 2nd instalment of €450 before October 1st for the 1st semester or before March 1st for the 2nd semester
- 3rd instalment of €450 before November 1st for the 1st semester or before April 1st for the 2nd semester
The housing officer will give you the bank information after you completed the online housing application. Students who stay for the whole academic year will receive 3 extra invoices for the 2nd semester. The deadline to submit the application form is:
- June 1st (first semester / whole academic year)
- November 20th (second semester only)
After submitting the application, you will receive an email informing you whether a room will be available for you at the residence.
In the same confirmation email, you will be requested to make the 1st payment into the bank account specified on the invoice, this should be done within 14 days. Please be aware that international money transfers can take several days. Therefore, we advise you to make the money transfer as soon as possible. After the confirmation e-mail, you will have to contact your study area coordinator by e-mail for the practical arrangements (date of arrival, pick-up service, etc.)