First, it is required to make an online registration. You can use this manual to guide you through the process. Choose your programme of interest to start the online application:
- Hotel Management - Culinary Arts
- Hotel Management - Hospitality Management
- Business Management
- International Management
You will have to create an account and fill in some information and upload the following documents:
- A copy of your identity card or (international) passport.
- A copy of your legalised degree(s).
- An official translation of your degree(s) in Dutch, English, French or German, if the original degree is not issued in one of these languages.
- Proof of English proficiency.
The Admissions Office will only consider duly completed applications.
After the web registration, you need to send us a certified copy of your secondary education degree(s) and/or higher education degree(s).
A certified copy of a document is a copy taken of the original document by the educational institution that issued the degree. That institution must stamp the copy, thereby attesting that it is a true and authentic copy of the original document. These certified copies must be sent, by the educational institution itself, in a sealed envelope, to the following address:
VIVES University of Applied Sciences
Admissions Office (t.a.v. Jan Gregorius)
Please note that photocopies or digital versions of certified copies are not accepted.
When you have submitted a duly completed application and the certified copies of your degrees by postal mail are received, an investigation will take place. You will receive an answer confirming the approval or rejection of your application. In case of rejection, you will be informed why your application is rejected.
In case of approval
- EEA students have to upload their admission documents.
- Non-EEA students have to demonstrate sufficient means of subsistence.
It is stipulated that students need to demonstrate that they are able to cover their living expenses, study costs, healthcare and repatriation costs. There are three ways to demonstrate the sufficient means of subsistence.
How to demonstrate means of subsistence
- You submit a document certifying that the student has been granted a scholarship, sufficient to cover the above-mentioned expenses, meet the minimum monthly amount required by Belgian law.
- You submit a commitment that charge has been taken from a guarantor (Annex 32).
- You transfer EUR 9.100 to a blocked bank account administered by VIVES University of Applied Sciences in your name. You will then receive twelve monthly reimbursements of EUR 750, after the Admissions Office has received a Belgian bank account number in your name.
VIVES University of Applied Sciences highly recommends to transfer EUR 9.100 to a blocked bank account. When your application file has been approved, you will be contacted by our Admission Office with more detailed information with regard to demonstrating the sufficient means of subsistence.
- The purpose of the blocked bank account procedure is to obtain a visa or to extend your residence permit.
- Keep in mind that, when you apply for our Hotel Management or Business Management programmes, you will have to demonstrate the sufficient means of subsistence at the start of every academic year during your studies.
- Questions about your visa (process) can be emailed to [email protected].
- Website of the Belgian Immigration Office
The following documents will be uploaded in the applicant form, where they can be downloaded:
- Declaration of academic admission
- Proof of solvency (for non-EEA students)
These documents will allow non-EEA students to apply for a student visa. The minimum waiting time for visa processing is approximately four weeks, but it could take up to six months.
Therefore, submit your visa application on time.
As of the 25th of June 2022, your online registration for academic year 2022-2023 can be converted in a definitive state of enrolment. After the 15th of October 2022, no more registrations will be converted in order to start in the first semester. Please note that VIVES University of Applied Sciences is closed from 15 July until 15 August 2022. Now take out your agenda and add our International Welcome Day.
European Economic Area
- Czech Republic
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) min. 6.0
- Duolingo English Test min. 105
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT (institution code: C314) min. 79
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) CBT (institution code: C314) min 213
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT (institution code: C314) min. 550
- Test of English for International Communication (TOIC) Listening 490 + Reading 455 + Speaking 200 + Writing 200
- ACT English 20 + Reading 20
- SAT Reasoning Test Critical Reading 500 + Writing 500
- C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English, CAE) Grade A, B or C
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English, CPE) Grade A, B or C
- Students who have obtained a Flemish or Dutch diploma of secondary education.
- Candidate-students with a university degree or high school or college degree earned in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, the Caribbean Islands and South Africa. The certified degree and transcripts suffice, provided they confirm that the entire study was completed in English.