Candidate-students who want to enroll in a Dutch-language programme but who do not meet the language requirements, can apply for a conditional admission. With a conditional admission, candidate-students can enroll in a preparatory language year in academic year 2022-2023 before enrolling at VIVES University of Applied Sciences in academic year 2023-2024.
You can apply from 1 November 2021 up to and including 31 January 2022.
The Admissions Office requires the following documents:
• Proof of identification (front and back)
• A copy of your college degree, high school degree or university degree and all the diploma supplements
Your copy of your college degree, high school degree or university degree and all the diploma supplements must be legalized and an official translation - by a certified translator - into Dutch, French, German or English, if the original diploma is not issued in one of these languages.
• Motivation letter
Your motivation is a personal, structured and easy-to-read text in fluent English (max. one and a half A4), and must include the answers to the following questions:
- What do you already know about your programme of interest?
- Which profession do you think you can pursue after obtaining your diploma?
- Name a few personal characteristics (f.e. creativity, independence, etc.) that are linked with that profession, and explain why.
- Which factors (personal, cultural, environmental, etc.) could help you throughout completing your studies?
- Which factors (personal, cultural, environmental, etc.) could cause difficulties throughout completing your studies?
Those documents must be uploaded while completing this online form.
Please keep in mind that application files that are incomplete (degree is not legalized or properly translated, motivation letter is missing, etc.) will not be considered by the Admissions Office. Documents that are sent afterwards to the Admissions Office, will not be taken into consideration. Fraud will lead to a rejection of your application.
During the month of February 2022, all of the valid application files will be reviewed and investigated.
Candidate-students whose application file is accepted, and only them, will be notified via email on 1 March 2022.
The preparatory language year is organized by the Leuven Language Institute. Candidate-students whose application file is accepted, will receive instructions on how to enroll in the language programme.
1 November 2021 → First day of application period
31 January 2022 → Last day of application period
1 March 2022 → Notification of acceptance