Information on coronavirus
VIVES closely monitors the situation on the coronavirus (COVID-19), always taking into account the advice of the government and in close consultation with KU Leuven. You will find the latest updates on this webpage.
Message from our president, Joris Hindryckx (24/06/2021)
We are at the end of the month of June. I sincerely hope you had a good examination period. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, we are making the necessary preparations for the start of next academic year. Now that the corona figures continue to evolve in the right direction, we can look forward to a normal start of next academic year.
Earlier this month, in consultation with the Minister of Education Ben Weyts, agreements were made regarding a plan of action that offers perspective to higher education, in the short and somewhat longer term. We are happy to inform you further about this approach.
At this moment, most students and staff members have not yet been vaccinated. The higher education sector therefore remains vigilant and cautious. The exams in 2nd period are therefore organized according to the measures that were already in place during the exam period of January 2021 and June 2021. Activities such as proclamations and information days can take place on campus from this month onwards, provided that the corresponding safety protocols are respected. We deliberately schedule most proclamations in September so that there is a greater chance that they can take place under normal circumstances.
If the corona figures continue to evolve favourably, the next academic year (2021-2022) will be launched in code green, with no special corona measures required. This makes us hopeful. After the summer break, you will receive concrete information about the start of the next academic year.
I wish you a well-deserved and relaxing holiday in the very near future. Let's hope that the flexibilization process goes smoothly and that together we can take further steps towards a return to a more normal life at home and on campus. For the first time in a long time, this return seems very near. It has been a long road, which we have travelled together for the majority of the time. Thank you for your commitment and flexibility.
Take care and enjoy your summer leave.
What can you do yourself to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (and other diseases such as flu)?
- Be sure to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (40 to 60 sec.) with soap and water.
- Do you have to cough? Put it in a paper handkerchief or in the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs when sneezing or sniffing and throw them away in a lockable bin.
- Avoid giving hands. Greet each other with a wave or elbow.
- Be sure to stay home when you are sick. Don't go to work or school.
- Avoid close contact with sick people yourself.
- Try to be careful not to touch your face with your hands as much as possible.
- KU Leuven webpage Coronavirus: https://www.kuleuven.be/coronavirus/english/Coronavirus-ENG
- Website of the Federal Public Health Service: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
VIVES University of Applied Sciences
VIVES Bruges: +32 50 30 52 33
VIVES Kortrijk: +32 56 26 41 64