The main VIVES Aeronautics research domains are Drones and MRO (Maintenance Repair & Overhaul). VIVES is a partner institute of ATAERA. Our staff helps you gladly!
RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems), also known as UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) or commonly called "Drones" are unmanned aircrafts which have a wide variety of applications. They are used for aerial photography and filming, mapping, inspection of windmills and industrial sites, SAR (Search and Rescue), flora and fauna monitoring, pipeline inspections, archeology, pollution detection ... This new branch in aeronautics needs a multidisciplinary approach taking not only the technical part into account, but also many new topics for unmanned aviation such as operations, safety, human performance ...
Due to its large network, VIVES can provide a solution to most drone related challenges such as:
- Tailor made courses
- Regional/national/EU projects
- Market study and tender guidance
- Technical/operational/legal consultancy
- Testing & validation
- Product optimization
- 2nd life & recycling
- Equipment leasing
Unmanned Aircraft Systems course
VIVES offers a dedicated Unmanned Aircraft Systems course up to 60 ECTS credits in Dutch and English with topics such as fundamentals of flight, flight training, design, manufacturing, maintenance, applications and business project.
MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul) at VIVES is not only focussed on airline maintenance but also on general aviation, helicopter and piston engines. VIVES develops MRO improvements for small and large companies such as maintenance jigs, tow trucks and shop optimization. Also were cargo airplane and helicopter modifications designed and implemented. The specific MRO knowledge gives the possibily to provide solutions for:
- technical feasability studies
- design and manufacturing of tools/jigs
- improvement of shops and workflows
- investigation of legal aspects
- dedicated technical courses
- WBT/CBT/VR/AR specialization course development
Aeronautical Engineering course
VIVES offers a Aeronautical Engineering course up to 60 ECTS credits in Dutch and English with topics such as fundamentals of flight, flight training, design, manufacturing, maintenance, applications and small business project.
- Ivan Becuwe - ATA systems / Helikopters / MRO / Head of training- [email protected]
- Mathieu De Meyer - Innovative MRO training / drones - [email protected]
- Rob De Roo - UAS/RPAS/Drones... Human Factors - [email protected]
- Marc Grauwet - Aeronautical manufacturing- [email protected]
- Wim Vanparys - MRO / Propulsion - [email protected]
- Steven Van den Berghe - drones - [email protected]
- Valérie Van Passel - MRO / Avionics & Electrics - [email protected]
- Joke Van Vooren - Innovative MRO training / drones - [email protected]