- autumn semester: 31/05/2023
- spring semester: 20/11/2023
- Online preparatory session: 28/08/2023
- Welcome Day campus Kortrijk: 11/09/2023
- Welcome Day campus Brugge: 12/09/2023
- Kortrijk Welcomes International Students event: 12/09/2023
- Brugge Welcomes International Students event: 04/10/2023
- Team building activity: 14/09/2023
- Reflection sessions: 06/10/2023 and 08/12/2023
- Start courses: 18/09/2023
- End courses / exams: 26/01/2024
- Welcome Day campus Brugge: 05/02/2024
- Welcome Day campus Kortrijk: 06/02/2024
- Kortrijk Welcomes International Students event: 06/02/2024
- Team building activity: 12/02/2024 (spring break)
- Start courses: 05-07/02/2024 (depending on the programme)
- End courses/exams: 21/06/2024
Part 2: Learning agreement
Email your learning agreement as pdf- or word-file.
1) Ask your home institution for a template of the learning agreement and agree on which programme you’ll follow at VIVES.
Programmes for exchange students | VIVES
2) The learning agreement has to be signed by 3 parties.
- Sign your learning agreement first
- Ask your coordinator at your home institution to sign your learning agreement
- Email your learning agreement to your programme coordinator at VIVES (see overview below) and ask him to review and sign it. The programme coordinator will then email the fully signed learning agreement back to you.
Overview programme coordinators at VIVES
VIVES Business Academy – Brugge
VIVES Business Academy – Kortrijk
Applied Engineering and Technology
F.L.O.W.S., eSociety, S.P.A.C.E.and Transnational Work
V.I.C.K.I.E., V.I.C.K.I.E. English+ and V.I.C.K.I.E. Sports+
Health Care: Paramedical Studies, Nursing and Midwifery
Learning agreement deadlines
- autumn semester: 10/06/2023
- spring semester: 30/11/2023
Part 3: Housing
If you want to rent a room with mediation from us, please complete the housing application before the deadline. There is a separate application procedure for housing. Please apply quickly, as the number of available rooms is limited.
- autumn semester / full academic year: 01/06/2023
- spring semester: 20/11/2023
Part 4: Approval and invitation letter
After your online application form and learning agreement have been checked and approved, you will receive an email and invitation letter.
Please keep in mind this can take some time.
You don't need to wait for the invitation letter to complete the housing application.
If your learning agreement is signed by the VIVES coordinator it means that you have been accepted.
Part 5: Prepare your stay
Make sure to check our welcome guide for more info about visa, insurance, public transport,...
Students who need a visa, start your visa application in time!
Good to know is that we can offer you the service of a blocked account, for more info please email to [email protected]
Download the welcome guide of campus Kortrijk
Download the welcome guide of campus Brugge
*The welcome guides will be updated in June '23.