Candidate-students who want to enroll in a Dutch-language programme but who do not meet the language requirements, can apply for a conditional admission. With a conditional admission, candidate-students can enroll in a preparatory language year in academic year 2022-2023 before enrolling at VIVES University of Applied Sciences in academic year 2023-2024.
The deadline for application for enrolment at VIVES University of Applied Sciences in academic year 2022-2023 has passed as of 2 February 2021.
You can apply from 1 November 2021 up to and including 1 February 2022. The Admissions Office requires the following documents:
- a copy of your identity card or (international) passport (front and back)
- a copy of your secondary education degree: your copy of your secondary education degree must be legalized and an official translation - done by a certified translator - into Dutch, French, German or English, if the original document is not issued in one of these languages.
- a copy of your higher education degree and all its supplements: your copy of your higher education degree and all its supplements must be legalized and an official translation - done by a certified translator - into Dutch, French, German or English, if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- a motivation letter
Submitting a motivation letter
Your motivation letter is a structured and easy-to-read text in fluent English (max. two A4, Times New Roman 12), and must include the answers to the following questions:
- What do you already know about your programme of interest?
- Which profession do you think you can pursue after obtaining your diploma?
- Name a few personal characteristics (f.e. creativity, independence, etc.) that are linked with that profession, and explain why.
- Which factors (personal, cultural, environmental, etc.) could help you throughout completing your studies?
- Which factors (personal, cultural, environmental, etc.) could cause difficulties throughout completing your studies?
All of these documents must be uploaded while completing the application form by clicking the red button at the bottom of this page. Please keep in mind that application files that are incomplete (degree is not legalized or properly translated, motivation letter is missing, etc.) will not be considered by the Admissions Office. Documents that are sent afterwards to the Admissions Office, will not be taken into consideration. Fraud will lead to a rejection of your application.
After the application period
During the month of February 2021, candidate-students will receive an invitation for an interview via video call. Attempts to contact the Admissions Office in advance in regard to this matter will not be responded.
Since there are a limited number of vacant places in the preparatory language year, the Admissions Office will ultimately select 10 application files.
Candidate-students whose application file is accepted by the Admissions Office will be notified via e-mail on 1 March 2020. Candidate-students whose application file is not accepted by the Admissions Office will also be notified via e-mail on 1 March 2020.
Leuven Language Institute
The preparatory language year is organized by the Leuven Language Institute. Candidate-students whose application file is accepted by the Admissions Office of VIVES University of Applied Sciences will receive instructions on how to enroll in the language programme.
After obtaining your Level 5 language certificate (CEFR Level B2), candidate-students can enroll at VIVES University of Applied Sciences in one of the Dutch-language bachelor programmes.
- 1 November 2020 → Beginning of application period
- 1 February 2021 → End of application period
- 2 February - 28 February 2021 → Interviews via video call
- 1 March → Notification of acceptance or rejection