Application procedure for the (advanced) bachelor programmes - English-language
You can register online for academic year 2019-2020 as of 1 November 2018. In the web registration, you can fill in the name of the study programme you wish to follow. Make sure to add the following required documents to your application:
- Copy of your diploma of secondary and/or higher education (make sure to include an official translation if your original diploma(s) is/are not in English, French, Dutch or German and make sure that the diploma is legalised!)
- Copy of identity card/passport (front- and backside);
- Proof of English proficiency
VIVES requires one of the following certificates as proof of fluency in English (level B2 both written and spoken):
- IELTS 6.5,
- TOEFL iBT79 or CBT 213 or PBT 550
- TOEIC Listening 490 + Reading 455 + Speaking 200 + Writing 200
- SAT Reasoning Test Critical Reading 500 + Writing 500
- ACT English 20 + Reading 20
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) grade A, B or C
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade A, B or C
Applicants with a university degree or high school / college degree earned in the ‘Inner Circle’: United Kingdom, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, Caribbean Islands and South Africa. The certified degree and transcripts suffice, provided they confirm that the entire study was completed in English.
The application deadline for academic year 2019-2020 when you need to apply for a student visa is 1 April 2019. Please submit your documents using this application form:
STEP 2: Receiving feedback
After we have received and verified these documents, you will receive an answer confirming the approval or rejection of your application. In case of rejection, you will be informed why your application is rejected and the application fee will be refunded. In case of approval, you have to pay the enrolment fee and prove that you have sufficient means of subsistence.
STEP 3: Enrolment fee and proof of sufficient means of subsistence
You will receive an email asking you to pay the enrolment fee. For Belgian and EEA students, more information about the enrolment fee can be found on our tuition fee page. For non-EEA students: the enrolment fee is 4900,00* euros per academic year (2019/2020, subject to change).
To make sure that you are able to cover the necessary costs, you will need to prove that you have the required necessary means to cover your healthcare, living expenses, and study costs.
There are two possibilities:
- Option 1: You transfer the means of subsistence for the complete academic year to the blocked account of VIVES University of Applied Sciences. The total amount for academic year 2019-2020 (14 months) is 8.680 euro. The amount is transferred back to your Belgian bank account in instalments of 660 euro per month (including a double instalment in September).
- Option 2: You have a sponsor who is able to demonstrate that he/she has sufficient resources to take over responsibility from you, for one academic year. You will need to fill out the Annex 32 document at the Embassy and deliver the signed and stamped document to us by email.
We advise you to choose the first option for a smooth student visa application process at the Belgian Embassy. You will receive a 'certificate of sufficient means of subsistence' from us as proof of the payment of the means of subsistence, which will facilitate your visa application process.
For students applying for the bachelor programme: be aware of the fact that this amount only covers the first academic year, so you will also need about 9.000 euro in the second and third year of the bachelor programme.
*Consisting of a fixed part of EUR 1480,00, which can only be refunded in case of visa refusal, and a variable part of EUR 3420,00 for a full annual programme of 60 ECTS.
STEP 4: Admission documents and visa application
After we have received the payments, we will send you and the Belgian Embassy/Consulate where you plan to apply for your student visa, the following documents by email:
- Permission to Enrol
- Certificate of Sufficient Means of Subsistence (if you have chosen option 1 in the step above)
These documents will allow you to apply for a student visa.
The minimum waiting time for visa processing is approximately 4 weeks, but it could take up to 6 months. Therefore, submit your visa application on time. If your visa wasn’t accorded before November 1, you will not be able to start the programme.
(The latest to start you visa application is 3 months before the start of our programme). For more information about the visa application at the Belgian Embassy/Consulate, click here.
Check whether you are eligible for exemptions: You might be eligible for exemptions if you have already obtained credits in similar higher education courses before. You can verify this with the contact person of the programme you wish to follow.
STEP 5: Finalise your enrolment in person
You were accepted into the programme and have received your student visa. You can now finalise your enrolment in person at the Student Administration Office in Kortrijk. Enrolment for academic year 2019-2020 officially starts on Friday the 28th of June 2019 and ends on the 15th of October 2019.
- 1 November 2018: You can register online
- 1 April 2019: Registration deadline Academic Year 2019-2020 (make sure to register on time)
- 28 June 2019: Start date to finalise your enrolment at the Student Administration office or online
- 16 September 2019: start date of the academic year
- 15 October 2019: Enrolment deadline
Please note that Vives University of Applied Sciences and the Student Administration Office are closed from 14 July until 15 August 2019.