In health care organisations, in education, in applied social community services but also in enterprises and companies, the commitment to well-being, positive health and vitality management seems to become more than just a hot topic! Creating connections, active dialogue capacity building and healthy life style interventions contribute to and are key components for a pro-active, preventive and sustainable society.
Key words: positive health, social health care, prevention, intervention mapping, healthy lifestyle, well-being and involvement, good practices, social skills/connection (convict prevention, aggression, bullying) and coaching.
This study in short
Field of study
Amount of credits
Where can I study this?
Language of education
Contacts for this study
At the end of the F.L.O.W.S. course, in the context of the international classroom, the participants
will be able to explain the variety in active and healthy lifestyles within Europe
will know the influence of the EU and/or other global organisations on the flow of an active and healthy lifestyle
will be able to interpret and give information about the health care organisation and health care settings in Belgium
will have expanded their own international competences in a personal and professional way
will organise a health care session to improve and/or motivate the healthy lifestyle in a specific population group
will solve a specific case, working within an interdisciplinary group of students
The lecturers of Applied Social Studies in Kortrijk, Education in Bruges, Kortrijk and Torhout, Health Care in Bruges, Kortrijk and Roeselare and Well-being and Vitality Management in Kortrijk, are proud to present you the new programme: F.L.O.W.S.
This programme is developed for incoming students from our partner universities and university colleges, with which we have an interinstitutional agreement, as well as our own students.
Welcome to Kortrijk: studying and living
Welcome to the VIVES campus Kortrijk for the international classroom courses. Kortrijk (https://www.kortrijk.be/vrije-tijd/toerisme/andere-talen/english/tourism-kortrijk/ discover-kortrijk) is a city where you can enjoy the heritage of the past and where at the same shopping is fun. The city of approximately 75,000 inhabitants is situated in West-Flanders in Belgium.
What do we offer?
- A 5 month interdisciplinary program (30 ECTS) in English for students Applied Social Studies (social work, socio-educational care work, public safety and applied psychology), teacher training and health (nursing and midwifery) and business management (more precisely well-being and vitality management).
- One full semester – autumn semester: September – January
- Flow to a healthy lifestyle starting throughout the lifespan from pre-birth over early childhood, childhood, adolescence, adulthood till active seniors and elderly.
- Interdisciplinary classroom
- Focus on international competences
- An enthusiastic teaching staff
- Highly qualified mentors for practical experience (traineeship)
The program aims to be a balanced mixture of theory, research, practice, reflectionand personal work focusing on the ow to a healthy lifestyle starting throughout the lifespan from pre-birth over early childhood, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, till the active seniors and the elderly.