Application procedure for exchange students
If you want to become an exchange student at VIVES University of Applied Sciences, please read the following application procedure carefully.
Step 1: Online application 2021-2022
Complete our online application form by clicking the red button below. Before starting the application procedure, please keep your identity documents, copy of diploma(s) and transcripts and a digital passport size photo at hand. Read carefully the manual (you can find the manual under the red button 'start application') before proceeding. Make sure that all mandatory fields (with a red star) are filled in correctly.
Please keep in mind that only applications submitted through the online application form can be taken into account.
- autumn semester: EU/EEA-students 31/05/2021 | Non-EU/EEA students 01/05/2021
- spring semester: EU/EEA-students 20/11/2021 | Non-EU/EEA students 01/11/2021
- Welcome Day campus Kortrijk: 13/09/2021
- Welcome Day campus Brugge: 14/09/2021
- Cultural Activities: 15/09/2021 and 17/09/2021
- Start courses: 20/09/2021
- End courses / exams: 28/01/2022
- Welcome Day campus Brugge: 07/02/2022
- Introduction Day S.P.A.C.E. and eSociety: 07/02/2022
- Welcome Day campus Kortrijk: 08/02/2022
- Cultural Activities: 03/03/2022 and 04/03/2022
- Start courses: 07-08/02/2022
- End courses/exams: 17/06/2022
Step 2: Learning agreement
To finalise your application, a valid learning agreement must reach us before the deadline. A template of the learning agreement can be provided by your home institution. Do not forget to check our programmes: https://www.vives.be/en/programmes-international-students
Learning agreement deadlines
- autumn semester: 10/06/2021
- spring semester: 30/11/2021
Step 3: Housing
If you want to rent a room with mediation from us, please complete the housing application before the deadline. There is a separate application procedure. Please apply quickly, as the number of available rooms is limited.
- autumn semester: 31/05/2021
- spring semester: 20/11/2021
Step 4: Invitation letter
After your online application and learning agreement have been checked, you will receive an invitation letter via email.
Please keep in mind this can take some time.
You don't need to wait for the invitation letter to complete the housing application!
If your learning agreement is signed by the VIVES coordinator it means that you are accepted!